Solar Performance - March 2015

As you might expect for late Winter and early Spring my March numbers showed noticeable improvement over those from last month. My use was roughly the same, but production more than doubled from 130 kWh to 262 kWh. I sent a surplus of 108 kWh back to the grid. Compared to last year my use was down about 26% (thanks, lack of roommate!) while production was up slightly, beating the estimate for the month.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Production started out strong early in the month, but tapered off a bit mid-month. Cumulative production was ahead of both the estimate and last year's production for the whole month.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

I added two more charts this month to look at annual production. The bold lines are from this year while the thinner lines are from last year. It's exciting to see that I'm already closing in on breaking even for the year with my production equal to 95% of my use! I'll probably cross the 100% threshold by mid-April if the weather is favorable.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

System efficiency was fairly constant throughout the month, averaging about 13.6%. Thanks to the weather my daily percent energy from solar was highly variable with an average of 169%.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Production was fairly consistent between each of the panels, with A6 being the largest outlier (off by 2.7%). The second set of charts shows something interesting: A6 is lagging because it had near zero production on March 19th. None of the other panels showed this dip, and A6 returned to normal the following day. Weird.

  Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Panel direction doesn't seem to have had a significant effect this month, with generally similar performance between the East- and West-facing panels.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge